Dear MSH Members and Friends:
During the current devastation of Hurricane Harvey that impacted the Houston Metropolitan Area, the Moroccan Society of Houston would like to convey its prayers to all the affected by this natural disaster. The MSH would like to be of assistance to its members and the Moroccan Community who may have been impacted.
Furthermore, the following are ways that you can get involved in your communities:
- Report Moroccan Families affected by the hurricane by contacting us at [email protected] or contact us at our Facebook page facebook.com/groups/Moroccansociety/
- Please check on your community members, families and friends.
- For a medical/functional emergency call 211. For a life-threatening emergency call 911. If you need to be rescued call 281-238-3430 If you need info about shelters or help, inside Houston, dial 311. Outside Houston, dial 211
- People in distress can call the following US Coast Guard numbers: 281-464-4851 281-464-4852 281-464-4853 281-464-4854 281-464-4855
- Open shelter locations in Harris County https://twitter.com/ReadyHarris/…/902115546765959168/photo/1
- HPD: Anyone with a boat who can volunteer to help. please call 713-881-3100
- Harris County Precinct 1 Constable’s Office will be collecting items for families affected by the storm – non-perishable items, diapers, wipes, hygiene items, soap, etc. Drop off donations at 1302 Preston, Houston TX 77002 when water has receded. Contact Erica Davis: 832-286-3876
Because of the extensive damage from hurricane Harvey, relief efforts will happen over the next several weeks. We will continue to provide you with updates.
Moroccan Society of Houston